sophie

Thursday, September 10

it's a busy day at the white house

I'm all patriotic today for my White House tour! Dressed in my best, I decided to go with my white banana republic dress, navy shrug and gold and navy jewels. Pretty sure Michele O. would be totally j and steal my style if she were to have seen me while dining in the family room next to the State Dining Room!

The White House is definitely what I expected. Furniture adorned in velvets and silks of rich colors that accent the East, Green, Blue, Red Rooms. The ceilings are high with elegant white molding and marble columns.

Speaking of the East Room, it was all set up for the President to take pictures with his Cabinet today. I thought about hiding out and trying to see it live, but with Secret Service at every nick and cranny of the White House that would be absolutely impossible!

I was able to take my time and read about each painting, piece of presidential china and historic pictures documenting times of different presidencies.

My new foreign friend took a picture of me out in front of The White House and hoping to load it into this post once I figure it out!

No comments: