I just got the grand tour of the Capitol Building from Kristie B.'s charming sweetheart of a boyfriend, Big Dawg Brad (BDB). I'm nick-naming him that because he is mos def the big dawg on The Hill. He totally runs the show. Every person we passed from staff to senators said their hellos to BDB. Boy did I feel special.
BDB gave me the whole shebang! BDB took me from the Dierkson Building, where the senators are located, through an underground shuttle to the Capitol Building. We toured the House of Representaives side first. The marble floors were emaculant. Then I got a sneak peak into the Foreign Relations meeting room, where BDB's senator, Sen. Lugar is Co-Chair and Sen. John Kerry is Chairman. Then we entered the area of "The Crypt," which is the dead center of Washington, D.C. and where President Washington and the First Lady were to be buried. Finally, I was able to walk inside was the old/original Supreme Court sanctuary. Very spooky, but quite historic
After touring that side we walked into the Rotunda and BDB took the time to explain the various paintings on the ceiling and walls that portrayed America's history.
As we headed toward the Senate Floor, we passed through the old Senate Chamber, which has gold plates in the floor to designate the desk's of previous U.S. Senator's. Finally, BDB and I were able to sit in the stadium of the Senate Chamber. The room was nothing as I expected. Very small, but boy does that CSpan do an awesome job of making it look grand.
Check off my list: Capitol Hill. The perfect personal tour guide and backstage passes!
Next, the Smithsonians...
Thursday, September 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
BDB had the pleasure of escorting some sweet Southern gal around the Capitol. What a lucky guy.
Post a Comment