thursday night jtothej and I drove down to the fedex to pick up a mysterious package for me. I kept going over and over in my head as to first what I was expecting in the mail and second from who was I expecting to receive a package from. I was totally boggled! Jtothej kept saying maybe it is a mistake and additioanl nonsense, which I sometimes am whatever to the maxx about.
After going through the whole process of verifying my alabama identity with my chicago address, the lady from behind the counter shlupped a box towards me. I muttered under my breath, "well thank goodness it doesn't say "fragile.."
I couldn't resist the temptation and had to open the mystery package immediately. Jtothej exclaimed in a quizzical voice, "mrs.beasley's cakes? Oh this must be a mistake!"
It wasn't until I opened the note that I knew who had their thinking cap on when they thought of what to get me for my birthday! It was a half dozen of creamy frosted cupcakes from my sweet lealea!
jtothej and I took pictures at fedex then jumped back into roxy: destination home.
To add to the excitement of this rando night, roxy was stopped at a redlight when up puttsed a cta bus. Me being me hunched my back and gave the driver a "you wanna race?" look. Low and behold he had a sense of humor (quite rare in the chi-city for a government worker) and motioned back to me "hell yeah!" So at the redlight mr.cta and I revved our engines and pretended like we were starting at the 'dega super speedway!
Funniest part was when the bus driver revved his engine a little too much and made the bus backfire. Boy did those passengers have frightful "what the freak?" faces!
It was a good ending to a rando night. Thanks to lealea for making make the trip to fedex! It was the most thoughtful gift!
Saturday, April 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment