sophie

Thursday, February 12

valentine's day...shmalentine's day

for a girl who loves to celebrate any holiday imaginable, i cannot stand valentine's day. february 14 is highly overrated. if you are going to tell someone you love them or how much they mean to you, why not tell them the other 364 days (365 days on a leap year) out of the year? mr.right and i decided to do something together to have fun (not celebrate) this year. we both made it clear that no presents were to be given. so, our plans for friday are a new restaurant for dinner then going to see the musical "jersey boys," and saturday, we are cooking with mr. and mrs.

onto the funny story..
my mcmentor received pretty, pretty tulips from her husband with a card that read, "happy valentine's day! love your mystery lover"..very classic of her husband. so, i casually mentioned to mr.right the funny yet so very sweet gesture from my mcmentor's husband.

that was on monday. today is thursday. after my two hour morning meeting, i was pleasantly surprised to have a petite bouquet of beautiful roses and greenery sitting atop my desk. the vase is the best part of the arrangement. it is fishbowl vase with vines lining the inside to add that little extra touch.

of course, one of my co-workers who i sit next to mentioned, "well, you basically asked for them." in reply, i stated, "yes, i did. he follows directions well, doesn't he?" she chuckled and sighed, "oh, intern.."

even though i did not want to make valentine's day this whole shabang of presents and mooshy gooshy love stuff, my absolute fav is being surprised. i mean, it's me..what do you expect?

now, i may have to go back on that no giving presents; however, our rule did not state, "no giving surprises.."

1 comment:

Amber Boyer said...

I'm with ya Liz....Valentines Day is no fun!!! I will tell you on this 48th day of the year that I LOVE YOU and am thankful to have you in my life:) I hope I get to see you soon cause I miss you so much! I will be watching the Bachelor tonight and be thinking of you!